Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel B Kravitz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Sports Medicine
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I went to him thinking he could help me with the depression I was battling after I had my stroke. Not only did he NOT help me with my depression, but he added to it the 2or 3 times I saw him, because he made me feel extremely embarrassed and self-conscious over the memory problems I was having post-stroke. I felt he was judging me negatively because I had trouble recalling names, some locations, and order of events. ,After the last office visit I just couldn't stand the thought of feeling belittled anymore, so I took myself off the meds he had prescribed me and therefore no longer be under his care. I now feel better without him or his meds.
I can't believe this guy is allowed to practice! I took my autistic son on for an appointment after waiting months. Before even making the appointment, I spoke to the office staff and sent over my sons medical records, which clearly state that he is autistic. When we got into the office, my son picked up a toy, which Dr.Kravitz then asked him not to touch (why would you have a toy that a child can't touch?). The dr. then suggested we go into a conference room with nothing to touch. As we were escorted into another room, the dr. Informed me that he has only ever seen one autistic child before and really doesn't know how to help us. Really? I waited months for that? For a dr. tell me he can't help us and be extremely rude? My daughter looked at me in horror (she's 10) and said, "Mom, lets get out of here".
This man should not be allowed to practice medicine let alone hand out medication. He shows no concern for the people he is speaking with. He repeatly told us he did nothave much time to hurry along with our concern for the mentally retarded person we brought for an appointment. Shame on Wellspans part if they allow him to remain on their staff.
34 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1984
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Daniel B Kravitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel B Kravitz in this video.
Dr. Daniel B Kravitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.