Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel Linert
Dr. Daniel Linert, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Valparaiso, IN. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Linert is affiliated with Starke Memorial Hospital, St. Catherine Hospital and St Mary's Medical Center - Hobart. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel Linert has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
While Dr. Linert is fine, the excessive wait time is completely unacceptable and disrespectful. We tried to give up our spot for an elderly lady who had been sitting there for 3 hours, miserable, and the nurse was rude and unkind. He needs to monitor how his staff treats his patients; we were appalled! No apologies to any of us for ridiculous wait times, either.
Dr. Linert is exceptionally qualified and very knowledgeable. I could not think of a better qualified cardiologist. very practical and caring. Explains things like they are in PLAIN terms. Office is very busy and appointments must be made well in advance. If you are having problems, the staff WILL see you if the situation demands it. If you are being treated by Dr. Linert, you are being cared for by the best.
Dr. Linert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Starke Memorial Hospital
St. Catherine Hospital
St Mary's Medical Center - Hobart
Porter Memorial Hospital
St Anthony Medical Center
Porter Hospital LLC
Hobart, IN 46342
VHC and PHC
1500 South Lake Park Avenue
Porter Valparaiso Hospital
33 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Daniel Linert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2000 Roosevelt Rd, Valparaiso, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel Linert in this video.
Dr. Daniel Linert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valparaiso, IN.