Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel I Litten has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel I Litten has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Daniel I Litten is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Litten was extremely courteous however he called in a pulmonary specialist after he had narrowed it down to a lung issue. The pulmonary specialist, Dr. Belkin gave a diagnosis of pneumonia. However, I received notice from my health insurance that Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara where I saw them both had put down chest pain as the reason for my stay. The insurance company rejected my ER visit even though I passed out at my school's urgent care facility and was in excruciating pain while they performed tests. I have broken ribs, torn my achilles and broken my foot but this was another level of pain. The ACTUAL reason for my stay was unbearable pain and the inability to breathe, cough or laugh without sharp stabbing pains and the inability to walk without becoming short of breath.
I met Dr.Litten at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital while I was in the ER having extreme difficulty breathing. Before they admitted me he asked me if I was a smoker and I said yes(social) and he basically gave me a lecture, and that was that. I was in the hospital only one time and that was for the birth of my son twenty years ago. The next day I was moved to ICU could not walk, talk, swallow because I could NOT BREATHE. It was scared and thought I was going to die at one point. All I was hearing is something about Asthma severe, however I never had Asthma. After chest x-rays, cat scan, SEVERAL blood drawls still no answers or DX. I left ICU after five days with no DX. I have been out of the hospital for five days and have not heard a peep from Dr. Litten. Waiting for some blood results guess I will have to call him! I honestly feel if I said I had never smoked I would have gotten the treatment, care, compassion, and DX I deserve! Bedside manner would be zero stars if I could.
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Daniel I Litten accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsDaniel Litten Md, 2726 El Prado Rd, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Daniel I Litten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.