Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel M Cooke has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Daniel M Cooke has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Daniel M Cooke has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Daniel M Cooke is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have a piece of broken hardware in my lower back from a previous surgery. After waiting for an hour, he came in, put a video on the TV that spoke mostly about the benefits of physical therapy then had me walk back and forth across the room. He said I wasn't in pain and said I needed physical therapy. I showed him the X-rays from the surgery that clearly show the broken screw pinching the nerve. He again said I wasn't in pain and said I needed physical therapy. So, two things: First he must think everyone is a drug addict, and second, if I wasn't in pain why would I be there and why would I need PT? In addition, because he is also an administrator of the clinic, you will be DOUBLE BILLED. One bill for going to see him and one bill for going to his clinic. Run, don't walk from this guy. He's clearly just in it for the money. Also, I did not ask for any pain meds because I didn't want them. What I wanted were treatment options, such as injections, nerve blocks etc. but he treated me like a junkie and the strongest thing I was taking at the time was Advil. I think my title says it all: This guy is a joke. The upshot is, he was very nice and polite, but that simply isn't enough.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Daniel M Cooke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichiana Anesthesia Care Pc, 416 E Monroe St Ste 200, South Bend, IN
Dr. Daniel M Cooke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.