Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel Medic Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Daniel Medic Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Daniel Medic Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
went for a check up . 15 minutes early, waited approximently 1.5 hrs for a routine check up. Had a series of test ran a quick draw. office never called with the results. had congestion in my troat told me it was allergies and percribed allegies medication. Not. dropped me as a patient because I didn't perform regular blood test checks. Gave me no notice of this other than a phone call from the receptionist. There are far better family doctors who care about there patients.....
Dr Medic and his staff are the best. He never rushes an appointment...spends as much time with you as needed and answers all questions. Sometimes it is worth waiting for a little while to have a Dr. as considerate as he is.
Dr Medic and his PA, Laura, always allow you enough time to be understood. You never feel that you are being overly rushed. I read other reviews complaining of long waits. That has not been my experience. I do think it is impossible for a doctor to adhere to a strict schedule if everyone is to get the attention he needs and emergencies are always a possibility. I have been in Dr Medics care for many years and I am completely satisfied with the care I have gotten.
if you have 3 hours of waiting for your appointment in his waiting room to waste...then you may be happy. I feel that my time is just as valuable as his...left work early to get there for my appointment and just to wait, and wait, and wait. NO EXCUSE FOR THIS - INCONSIDERATE. Never any followup...not even with test results that he ordered. You have to call them!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Daniel Medic Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDaniel Medicine Do And Associates, 8791 Barnes Lake Rd Ste 101, Irwin, PA
Dr. Daniel Medic Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irwin, PA.