Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Daniel O Mongiano
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I wasn't quite sure how to rate my doctor because he is a good doctor and he is very kind. He takes his time with his patients but at the same time a regular appointment takes almost a month to see him and emergency follow up appointments take three days and sometimes they don't even call you back. Time spent in the waiting room when you have an appointment is close to three hours.
I had been a patient at AV for several years, it is an ok place for regular check ups but if you are ill or have an emergency go somewhere else. The first and only time I called asking to speak to someone, they took a message and no one ever called me back. I called the next day and was told that they are very busy and left another message. The following week I called and was told that it was written in the notes that I should go the the ER. No one ever called me to tell me that! Anyway I asked for the appropriate referrals and was told that I would have to make an appointment and the soonest was two weeks. I still had pain. I just changed my doctor and am done with them. The referral process in the office is awful. I've waited up to 6 months for a referral and it was wrong. No one ever call you back.
My first visit i waited out an hour with an appointment because the doctor was late! The receptionist is so rude! They never answer the phone! I tried calling them for over 2 weeks left 5 messages no one called back! I finally got a hold of someone who said they would leave a message for the doctor to call me and give me my culture results and he didn't call back! I had to drive to the office to get a hold o f someone and waited for the office manager for 15 minutes and no one came out! Horrible! I got frustrated and left! I've never heard out such a thing!!
39 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1979
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDaniel Oscar Mongiano Md, 42220 10th St W Ste 109, Lancaster, CA
Dr. Daniel O Mongiano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.