Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel J Mountcastle has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Referred to this office by my dermatologist's assistant. After Dr. Mountcastle told me that my ultrasound was good and I could have the sclerotherapy I was told they would perform laser therapy. My next visit I was taken into a room, given another test, put on an operating table and a ambulatory phlebectomy was performed. I had to pay $810, and told insurance didn't cover it. I changed Vein Centers and the bottom line is I have Venous Insufficiency, Medicare pays for it, and I now require seven laser surgeries
44 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Daniel J Mountcastle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMountcastle Vein Centers, 5901 Sun Blvd Ste 113A, Saint Petersburg, FL
Dr. Daniel J Mountcastle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.