Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel Norman
Dr. Daniel Norman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Norman is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Saint John's Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel Norman has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Showing 5 of 7
I have been to several different types of doctors regarding my frequent bouts of insomnia. After being proscribed a myriad of different sleeping pills, anti depressants and life style suggestions, I thought a sleep specialist could possibly offer up something more helpful. Not the case with Dr. Norman. What I did receive, aside from a smug dismissive attitude, was a sleep book recommendation (total joke) and a prescription for a very low dose anti anxiety drug that only worked for my insomnia if I took twice the recommended dosage. When I called with concerns regarding the medication I was told to leave a message and that someone would be getting back to me that day. I did finally get a call back about a week later from some curt woman in his office who wanted me to come back for a follow up -- No Thanks. If you are stressed, exhausted and in need of understanding and attentive care avoid this doctor.
Dr. Norman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Daniel Norman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRespiratory Consultants Of Santa Monica, 1301 20th St Ste 360, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Daniel Norman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.