Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel Polk
Dr. Daniel Polk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palos Park, IL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Polk is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital, Central Dupage Hospital and West Suburban Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel Polk has the following 1 specialty
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Polk is an amazingly kind, funny, caring and accurate doctor. He goes out of his way to show he cares not only about your child but you as well. His easy going and fun spirit uplifted the entire special care unit where I spent many of days for about a month. You will not be disappointed in his services.
Dr. Polk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northwest Community Hospital
Central Dupage Hospital
West Suburban Medical Center
Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Children's Memorial Hospital
33 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Daniel Polk accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions12430 S Post Rd, Palos Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel Polk in this video.
Dr. Daniel Polk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palos Park, IL.