Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel R Walker has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel R Walker has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Daniel R Walker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I took my daughter to see Dr. Walker for an infection in her toe resulting from an ingrown toenail that wasn't responding to traditional antibiotic treatment. Dr. Walker and his staff were amazing! He does a very thorough intake examination--he asks a lot of questions and really listens to your answers/concerns. We saw him 2 days before Hurricane Katrina hit Houston--my daughter needed to have a PICC line inserted for IV antibiotics and Dr. Walker worked a miracle with a local ER to get it done (everyone was leaving to get ready for the hurricane). The next morning (the day before the hurricane)his infusion nurse met us at his office to show us how to infuse the medicine. My daughter's case got pretty complicated and she required 6 weeks of IV antibiotics--if we hadn't had Dr. Walker on the case she probably would have ended up in the hospital and possible losing her toe. He is a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor and his staff is fantastic!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1981
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel R Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.