Dr. Daniel Refai Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Refai?

Dr. Refai got me out of pain and back to my life

Posted on November 23rd, 2017

Because of Dr. Refai, my life was changed from one of constant, unbearable pain to one of purpose. On May 22, 2017, Dr. Daniel Refai performed a cervical discectomy and spinal fusion from C-5 to C-7 due to severe cervical stenosis with radiculopathy. I waited until today, the 6 month marker post-surgery, to write a review. I can say with total confidence that this surgery was a complete success, and equates to a personal miracle for me. There were no complications, and I received the absolute best care from Dr. Refai and his staff, as well as Emory Midtown Hospital. Before my surgery, I spent the previous 13 months in excruciating pain. Looking back, there were years of intermittent pain before April, 2016 when the nerve pain became constant from my neck down my arm to my left hand, and at the time of consultation with Dr. Refai, signs of nerve damage and muscle weakness had begun. Before meeting with Dr. Refai I had spent a year giving 100% to alternatives to surgery: physical therapy, spinal injections, massage, chiropractic care, acupuncture, NSAIDs, and other drugs as well as non-pharmacologic means of pain management, without success. This issue and pain is COMPLETELY gone now. I am gaining muscle strength, able to work out in the gym again, as well as meet the physical challenges required of a nurse in my clinical rotations. I am a non-traditional student in a bachelor of science in nursing program. If it weren’t for Dr. Refai and this surgery, I would have had to give up my dream and drop out of school after investing the two years of hard work that it took to get into a competitive program. I can’t say enough good things about this doctor. He has given me a new lease on life, and because of that, I will be able to finish my degree and spend the next chapters of life committed to a meaningful purpose. If you, or someone you know needs spine surgery, I recommend that you contact Dr. Refai’s office. He will give you an honest assessment of what can be done.

Amazing doctor!

Posted on November 17th, 2017

My mother needed immediate surgery to remove a spinal meningioma. She lost almost all leg function and bladder control. Her spinal cord was compressed to a thin translucent section. We were so fortunate Dr. Refai was available to do the surgery. He took the time to explain the procedure, risks and answered all of my questions. The delicate surgery was performed flawlessly. We couldn't have asked for a better recovery. It is a miracle that she is walking again. We can't thank him enough!

Excellent Neurosurgeon

Posted on November 15th, 2017

Dr. Refai performed cervical surgery on me in September 2017. The surgery was a great success. He is very competent and professional. He is extremely thorough and I am very fortunate to have him as my neurosurgeon. I recommend him very highly.

Experience Could Not Have Been Better

Posted on November 15th, 2017

After 2 years of having steroid shots that did not touch the pain, I went to Dr. Refai for a second opinion. I was a patient soon after he walked in the exam room with notes on my condition and results from test. He treated me as a patient and not a number. His manner was caring and personal. He performed the Laminectomy and afterward the only pain I felt was from the incision healing. It has been 6 months and I have had no pain. The other amazing experience was his staff. How often do you have a Dr. that has a personal nurse that when you call, picks up immediately. SMcGowen

Spine Surgery

Posted on November 9th, 2017

I had severe pain in both legs to the point that I had difficulty moving around. Dr. Refai performed a laminectomy about six weeks ago. Immediately after surgery, the leg pain was gone and I am making a fairly rapid recovery. In addition to doing an excellent operation, Dr. Refai communicates effectively in terms understandable to the patient. I would highly recommend him. Also, his support team led by Shawnee are terrific.

Totally a Miracle

Posted on June 8th, 2017

When I first saw Dr. Refai, I was barely able to walk because of my back pain. After surgery, I had a couple of weeks that were pretty rough, but then, week by week I improved and my pain was gone. Five months later and therapy, I am walking normal and continue to have NO pain! I highly recommend Dr. Refai!

Fantastic Experience

Posted on June 7th, 2017

Dr Refai's staff is top notch and the best experience I have had with any procedure. Staff was knowledgeable, attentive and responsive. Could not have been happier for cervical surgery.

Posted on February 14th, 2017

Dr. Refai is a terrific neurosurgeon. He took me as a patient and did my 7 vertebrae laminectomy and spinal fusion even though my many other health issues that made me high risk. My surgery was a success. I am very grateful to him.

Dr. Refai would be my first choice for spinal surgery!

Posted on February 2nd, 2017

I went to Dr. Refai for a second opinion for additional lumbar surgery. I found Dr. Refai to be very professional, very caring and easy to communicate with about my condition. I had previous lumbar surgery seven months earlier, but that doctor and that surgery did not fix my issues. Dr. Refai did!!!

His surgical skill improved my spine 100%.

Posted on January 24th, 2017

Dr Refai has good insight into the diagnosis and treatment of spine problems. He was genuine, openly frank and honest about what needed to be done to improve my quality of life. His confidence assured me that I was seeing the right surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone that suffers from spinal problems.

Exceptional!

Posted on January 23rd, 2017

It has been 6 1/2 weeks since Dr. Refai reopened my lower back, removed old hardware from my L5-S1 fusion surgery 6 years ago and then proceeded to fuse my L4-L5. My first surgery, performed by a different neurosurgeon in a different state, was horrible. My pain after surgery and my recovery was almost unbearable. I was so afraid of having it done again. I knew the pain I was going to be going through. I feel nothing less than blessed that I found Dr. Refai. The pain through the entire experience was minimal and I am only taking 1 Tylenol 2 or 3 times a day now. That is huge to me. The professionalism and friendliness from the moment my husband and I walked in to the waiting room was outstanding. The ease of communicating with his assistant after I was home when I had questions was just that...easy. I will choose Dr. Refai again, hands down!

Outstanding!

Posted on December 27th, 2016

I can't say enough about the skill, professionalism and caring personality of Dr. Refai. Superb! 5+ stars