Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel L Rowady has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel L Rowady has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
If you want a doctor that cares more about looking at himself in a mirror than answering your questions or having an adult conversation with you then you've found your quack. He is calloused, rude, and condescending. Why do physicians get into this field if they don't want to deal with people... it's the money. You can tell that's all he's about. Office is clean and nice. Most of the staff is friendly (Crystal is exceptional and deserves a raise). :)
Dr. Rowady is the most thorough and caring doctor I have ever had. He truly cares about getting to the bottom of what the problem is. I have and continue to recommend Dr. Rowady. Doctors like him are far and few between. Most doctors give you 1 to 2 minutes of their time and don't give you a chance to tell them why you are there. Highly Recommend!!
I myself am an MD and have had difficulty finding someone that I felt was a good primary care physician. I was referred to him by a colleague and I have not been disappointed. He has a very kind bedside manner and takes a very thorough history. I also have been very happy with his diagnostic skills as well as his recommendations for medication. I have read some of the bad reviews on this site and I can tell you that from a doctor's perspective, it sounds like he did everything by the book, with the usual standard of care. I do not think he's money hungry. It is very unusual for a doctor to prescribe a medication to a patient over the phone, without an office visit, if it's a medication that the doctor has never before prescribed for the patient, even if the patient had been receiving it from another doctor for decades. As for the treatment of insomnia, you have to be very careful because a lot of the prescription meds for insomnia are addictive. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist for help with chronic insomnia because most primary care physicians just don't have the time (they're only allotted about 5 minutes to spend with each patient during which they have to take a history, do a physical, and prescribe medication) to fully evaluate the cause of the insomnia.
I went to see Dr. Rowady about insomnia and was told that he would try some experimental drugs with me but would not prescribe know sleep inducing medication. The first med he prescribed me gave me horrible side effects, including chronic sweats, epic nightmares, pounding heart, highly attenuated sense of smell, everything made me sick. It did nothing to help me sleep. I went back and explained my issue and was given a sample pack of something that is supposed to help people stay asleep, it did nothing to help go to sleep. However it made my completely unable to function the next day. He did, however, give me a number to a psychiatrist which seems the way to go. I beleive my symptoms are acute anxiety and maybe Dr. Rowady doesn't know what to do with that. It would have been nice to get some help while seeking the right direction.
Dr. Rowady is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Daniel L Rowady accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCorey Moyes And Pachorek, 630 S Raymond Ave Unit 320, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Daniel L Rowady is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.