Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel J Shank has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This was my first appointment in trying to establlish a new primary care physician. I am a patient iin excruciating pain and was trying to tell him and he said 'I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME HERE". Asked for pain medication until I go through the appropriate channels, he said no I don't give out narcotics. This doctor should not be practicing mediciine. I put a formal complaint in on him. He also never ordered a complete bloodwork as being a new patient or anything. He could see I could not sit long or stand or walk without being in pain, and just said I don't prescribe narcotics for that kind of pain when he didn't even have enough time for me to explain all the pain and show all of my reports. again he yelled at me and sad "I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME. So again why schedule a new patient visit who needs help and treat them like crap. I hope I can report this doctor even further to the Ohio AMA
I was more impressed with the person who came in first and did the evaluation. We had some additional test done and the bill came before the test results (3weeks later). Also we were referred to another Dr. for further treatment and we have had to call to ask about this since we haven't heard anything. I am sure the Dr. is good but his bedside manner was awful especially to be in pediatrics.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
27 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Daniel J Shank accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1209 Clinic, 1209 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Daniel J Shank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.