Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel Shannon
Dr. Daniel Shannon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology and Pediatrics. Dr. Shannon is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus and Emerson Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel Shannon has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Daniel Shannon has the following 15 expertise
- Brain Disorder
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Lung Diseases
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Premature Infant Diseases
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Respiration Disorders
- Respiratory Acidosis
- Reye Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. Daniel Shannon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Shannon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Massachusetts General Hospital
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
Boston Medical Center
Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary
Brigham & Women's Hospital
SMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center
Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital
Boston Children's Hospital
Mount Auburn Hospital
North Shore Medical Center - Salem Hospital
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Mass General Hospital
53 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago
Graduated in 1960
Massachusetts General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Daniel Shannon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.