Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel Shats has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
The ladies out front like to talk about personal things which is annoying. They are nice for the most part. Dr spent a whole 30 seconds with me after both procedures. Guess he's not one for talking so I wasn't too happy to leave clueless. I was in a lot of pain after the colonoscopy and they did call the day after to see how I was doing. They said the pain I was feeling wasn't normal and to call if it got worse. It felt like they didn't care. We will see how I feel when I go back for a follow up. I might just have to resort to driving to a big city for answers to my problems
12 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Daniel Shats accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsValley Gastroenterology, 90 N 4th St Ste 300N, Martins Ferry, OH
Dr. Daniel Shats is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Martins Ferry, OH.