Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel T Sicking has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Have had Dr Sicking as our main physician for many years now, and he's top notch. He's thorough, methodical and organized, and very incisive in his diagnosis. He's always had our complete trust. The office staff is OK, but must be handled with diplomacy to get best results. To us, the services of an excellent Dr. are worth employing a little diplomacy with the office staff.
Dr. Sicking is a very caring person who takes his time with you. He made sure I understood what was going on and made sure I knew how and why I was taking a prescription. Follow ups are easy as I made one leaving the office. Jennifer that works there is very efficient at her job. I never have a problem getting an appointment even in an emergent situation. Both are very caring and would never leave this practice for another.
Every time I call the office, the staff is either rude or extremely incompetent. When they first moved office I called to confirm the new location and just about had my head bitten off by an extremely rude receptionist who was just as rude in person. I also called to get a refill for prescriptions, the girl behind the counter sounded about 15 and didnt even know to take my number, my pharmacy number, or even ask what my medications were. I don't call the doctor to explain the receptionists how to do their job. EVERY single receptionist had been a complete pain to deal with. The doctor himself is ok, but doesnt really take time to listen to you or get to know you. Its like all they care about is collecting their checks. They do NOT follow up with you. I will be changing doctors.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Daniel T Sicking accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWakefield Internal Medicine, 2109 S Main St Ste 100, Wake Forest, NC
Dr. Daniel T Sicking is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wake Forest, NC.