Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel J Trahant
Dr. Daniel J Trahant, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Metairie, LA, with another office in Metairie, LA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Trahant is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital. Dr. Trahant has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel J Trahant has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I have had epilepsy since I was 5 yrs. old. I am now 51 yrs. old. I have been seen by many neurologists. I have been a patient of Dr. Trahant for 21 years and he is the only doctor who has been able to get me on the proper medication to control my seizures. I now live in Mississippi and still travel three hours to go to my appointments.
I have been with Dr. Trahant for over a decade now and I have never in my life had a doctor more through and engaged with his patients than Dr. Trahant. He makes me feel like I am the only patient he sees and I do not mind the wait because I know he treats all of his patients with the same extended time and attention and does not make you feel rushed with just a prescription and your on your way. He actually spends the time explaining conditions and medication to you. The staff is always polite, courteous and willing to help. I cannot imagine what I will do if he ever retires!
You will have to wait an hour in the waiting room before you get to see him even with an appointment. The worse part is he is not current with the latest epilepsy medication and news. He tried to prescribe me Vimpat which is a controlled substance (very addictive) and didn't know it was a controlled substance. This is an easy google search or reading the the label with the prescription bottle.
Dr. Trahant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1970
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Daniel J Trahant accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel J Trahant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.