Dr. Daniel Zimet Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Zimet?

Rude

Posted on September 7th, 2017

I saw this Dr. two times for a work related injury. The first time I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for his rudeness and lack of attention to my questions and concerns but when it happened to a greater degree the second visit I decided it was time for a 2nd opinion. I had a reaction to medication he prescribed that he did not even acknowledge and even though I still have pain after two and a half months he refuses to order an MRI because it's an expensive picture that workers compensation will not want to pay for. In the meantime I'm still on light duty, in pain, and i'm not able to get badly needed overtime to pay bills because it's not allowed when you're on worker's comp. When I ask Dr. Zimet about different things that could be wrong he simply said "Highly unlikely" to suggestions and said it would heal over time. He said I could have done a certain movement he ask me to do if I had tried. It made me feel like someone that's lazy and is trying to get out of work. Even though something may heal over time I would still like to know what I'm healing from. Just because I have a workers comp claim does not mean I don't want to work or that I don't need to know what's wrong with my body because it will cost WC money.

Horrible

Posted on December 31st, 2014

At first, Dr. Zimet seemed like a good choice. He explained my Foot problem very well. He made sure everything was explained to the best of his ability and reassured my parents everything was going to be fine and my surgery would only effect me for days at most. I had a bone spur in my inner right heel and he removed it in Feb 2014. After he removed it my appointments with him were short and he seemed as if he didn't care. He didn't answer my questions and he failed to inform me my foot was infected! I almost had to have IV's at home for extended periods of time. Instead of the surgery effecting me for several days it was several months because of the bad staff/merca infection I had. I wouldn't recommend him especially for surgery.

Weekend Warrior

Posted on May 5th, 2013

I have been to Dr. Zimmit three times. Though I do miss Dr. Faverau and was heart broken to hear he passed away at such a young age. However, Dr. Zimmit knows his business. I spent many years as a weekend warrior playing all sorts of sports. I am now 50+ and still mending;-P His bed side manner is typical of many doctors, lacks, but he shows care and concern and listens to what I have to say and applies it to his diagnosis. Dr. Zimmit has not performed any surgery on me at this point so my opinion could change.

Excellent surgeon

Posted on October 15th, 2012

I am an athletic young adult and was admitted to the ER with a very serious crushed (fractured) knee. Dr. Zimet was able to get me in to surgery within two days. I required a steel plate and many screws/ nails. Well, since the surgery, I had to move quite a bit and hence actually followed up with four different surgeons over the ensuing months. All these surgeons were of the best repute that i could find. Well, I want to testify that every single one of them had nothing but praise for dr Zimet's work as evidenced in my X-rays, etc. The way he had to put the pieces of my knee back together, etc was not easy, so I've been told. I have been told time and again that he truly gave me the best possible chance at recovery (and hopefully returning to sports one day). Furthermore he was generally compassionate , patient and encouraging and though he was very busy he did take the time to answer my many questions and concerns. I was very blessed to fall into the hands of such a competent surgeon.

trigger finger

Posted on May 17th, 2011

dont ask about anything other than what you are there for or he will hit you with "you will have to book another appt unit" and then it gets weird after that. I wont be going back.

Posted on October 11th, 2017