Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan has the following 11 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Heart Failure
Showing 3 of 11
I can't say anything good about Dr. Pangilinan and his staff. Upon entering the office, you feel a bad vibe. The staff is very rude and seems to hate their job. On numerous occasions it feels like Dr. Pangilinan wasn't listening to me on what I had to say. All he wanted to do was load me up on medication that didn't benefit me. I'm sure he got kickbacks from the pharmaceutical company for this. His bedside manner is less than stellar and he works on "autopilot". One time while giving me a shot, I was horrified to see that he wasn't wearing gloves!!!! Nor does he wash his hands. My mother who was also seeing him for years suffered needlessly and keep turning to him for unanswered questions. She smarted up and went to a different doctor who actually listened and got her the care she deserved. Please stay away from this doctor and his staff. You will be better off going somewhere else!!!!!!!!
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan
¬ NCQA Diabetes Physician Recognition Program (DPRP) Status ¬ NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program (HSRP) Status Dr. Pangilinan did his Internship training at Mount Sinai Hospital and his Residency training at The Unviersity of Connecticut School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals. Dr. Pangilinan received the Academic Appointment of Clinical Instructor of Medicine and he is a recipient of the Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching for 1997, 1998 an 1999 at the University of Connecticut Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program.
Locations & DirectionsCOLLINS MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 21 Woodland St Ste 311, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan, MD - Internal Medicine in Hartford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Danilo M Pangilinan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.