Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Danka K Michaels has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Danka K Michaels has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Danka K Michaels is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Staff is ridiculous. Customer Service is not having someone sigh, be rude and on top of that unable to speak clearly without mumbling. Really Dr. Danak??? Is this your idea of customer service. No, we don't have a lot of choices when it comes to doctors in in Vegas but, it doesn't give your staff the right to be rude and obnoxious. They are representing you very poorly.
I was a patient of Dr. Michaels for approximately 10 years, to have my annual physical exam only. I became ill early in 2015 and experienced a different situation with staff and Dr. Michaels. Repeatedly phone calls would not be returned or extended as promised, mistaken lab orders sent to the wrong facility, Dr.'s time (after waiting almost an hour from my appt time), spent with me, maybe 5 minutes. Upon arriving, never looked at me, never touched me, no examination, just an exorbitantly expensive prescription amongst several other prescriptions and of course each time I had to return, another fee to be paid. I was so perplexed by my experience, it became increasingly more and more frustrating. I thought she was awesome but then again I never really utilized the services outside of an annual physical. It was indeed a rude awakening.
I had an appointment with the doctor last Tuesday for an annual check up and to renew my prescriptions. Not only have my prescriptions not been sent to the pharmacy, but now the office staff is lying to me and telling me that they have called me when they have not. It's not like I am asking for Oxycodone; it's Tramadol for pain due to screws after a surgery 3 years ago and it's about 35 degrees here. So after calling for three days, (two separate days last week after my appointment and today)I have determined that this doctor doesn't care about her patients comfort or well being. Time to find a new doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Michaels is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Pj Safarika
Graduated in 1980
U Nevada Affil Hosps
Dr. Danka K Michaels accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
One Health Network
- One Health Network
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBluepoint Medical Group, 3320 N Buffalo Dr Ste 103, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Danka K Michaels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.