Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Danny D Mikesell has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Mikesell is one of the best Pediatric doctors my son was ever blessed to have! Travis had several problems after birth and doctor Mikesell was always there to listen and access what I was telling him and always listen to me. I never felt like he didn't value my opinion about what maybe going on at the time and we always arrived at a mutual agreement for treatment. Granted Travis had many challenges and although some of his other doctors said he would never live to be a year old, he made it almost 24 years! I was very blessed to have him in my life and Dr. Mikesell was a large part of his continuing life expectancy. Although Travis passed away in 2006, I tell everyone if they need a great doctor to go see him if they can get in. He is " One of a Kind", and thank you for all he had done just doesn't begin to cover it!
When my two boys were young I took them to Dr. Swartzlwnder and Dr. mikesell. He had just started his career as a Dr. , he had a great mentor in Dr. Swartzlander. I now take my grandchildren there. Even though Dr. Swartzlander is retired Dr. Mikesell was and is as good in everything he does as a doctor. Best in the state of michigan.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Danny D Mikesell accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShoreline Pediatrics, 684 Harvey St Ste 201, Muskegon, MI
Dr. Danny D Mikesell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muskegon, MI.