Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dante A Banta has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
I was assigned to Dr. Banta by my medicare HPO Care More. Does not do appointments 45 min- hour wait. He never examined me at all. Spoke about his children who are now MD s. Started laughing in an inappropriate manner and started talking in a crazed manner about viagra. Screwed up my prescriptions and refused to write my 100mg seraquel and said I needed to see a psychiatrist. Unfortunately I am better informed than Dr.Bantra about the applications of certain medication. I will never go back to his office again and will ask Care More for another primary MD. Other than this Care More is excellent.
He can speak both English and Spanish which is a plus and is very kind and is in no way rude during my check ups. I definitely prefer having him over his daughter in law.
We're excited to hear that you are pleased with your relationship with Dr. Dante Banta. Like you, many of our patients prefer to be seen by him, as he is the owner of the practice and for some, has been treating all members of their family for decades. We are happy to offer our patients the option of seeing Dr. Veronica Banta, who is Dante's daughter-in-law. Many of our patients do prefer seeing her, especially our female patients who seek treatment for women's health issues.
I do not recommend this doctor for everyone. I have been subjected to go to this doctor because my family has gone to him for many years but this last visit has pushed me over the edge. Every time you go in there you wait for hours then after you go in there is more waiting to be done. After the doctor comes in he spends less then 30 sec. to diagnose and then leaves. He is very negligent I was injured and he only gave me pain killers and send me home. It has been weeks and the pain has become unbearable the area has swelled and I have no mobility in that area. If he could have taken the time to at least inspect it, this would have no become a chronic problem.
Being new to L.A. this is the first doctor I tried here. The reception / nurse did a tuberculosis test and said it was positive based on a bump on my arm. Kind of scary. Then the doctor looked at it and said "no" it was negative. The bump was a natural cyst. I saw the doctor for a different concern and he told me it was nothing to be worried about. It showed up again a few weeks later and I went back. He then realized it was something that needed to be treated and could have been the first time.Will never go there again. Upset that you should be able to trust your doctors opinion as a professional but was very disappointed in this office.
44 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Dante A Banta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinica Western, 875 N Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Dante A Banta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.