Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Daphne L Bryan
Dr. Daphne L Bryan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chester, VA, with another office in Richmond, VA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bryan is affiliated with Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest. Dr. Bryan has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Daphne L Bryan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Daphne L Bryan has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Daphne L Bryan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 14
The office staff and registration staff are gloriously friendly which is why I was shocked by the judgmental attitude and rudeness of the nurse in my exam room and especially that of Dr. Bryan. She walked into the room with her mind made up about my reason for visiting and was visibly judgmental from the start. She did not take time to listen to what I had to say or review my medical Hx. To be honest looking back I think this was due to her knowing nothing about the topic I wanted to discuss. I would guess she did so without realizing but, she made a comment regarding my intelligence that left me wanting to run out of the room. I was kind and professional and expected the same. I understand that doctors cannot address all questions, however it unacceptable to neither try or well informed enough to provide referrals. Comparing the information I came into the appointment with from my own research and what she could provide (nothing), I quickly found her to be both lacking in updated information and incorrect in the comments she did make. I will not return and I sincerely regret having sat through the entire ordeal. If I were a less professional person I really would have walked out.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bryan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Riverside Medical Center
Dr. Daphne L Bryan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daphne L Bryan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chester, VA.