Dr. Darby H Mcelderry Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Darby H Mcelderry?

After hours, staff and drs no competent

An after hours call was logged inaccurately and then another one was not logged at all. Her nurse Antonese (sp) argued with me and the office manager, which I called and called never called me back. An extremely inadequate office. I never knew a drs office could get so many things wrong. Also the front desk even in the beginning didn't have my information after speaking with 3 different people on 3 different occasions. I told them this is the 3rd time Ive given you my information, please put it in the system. Then the person I was talking to got an attitude with me and said "hey listen to me". I think her name was Denise. Which after all Id been thru seemed to be odd to me and no apology about their incompetence....just attitude from her nurse and staff. No one needs this...so do yourself a favor and keep searching for a dr. Also if the pediatrician uses childrens nurses for after hours issues try to find another ped. since these nurse don't log the information YOUR give them. I corrected a childrens after hours nurse 6 times and she still got the information logged incorrectly, which resulted in my child not getting any treatment till 3 days later. Dr McElderry was asked to call me back on Mon and I waited all day and she never called. A nurse when I finally called her around 4 on Mon said she never got a message for her to call me, well even if that was true why wouldnt she of called to just check on my child since the nurse said she had gotten a message early on Mon morning about our issues over the weekend....this to me showed that Dr McElderry didnt care too much about my child. I found another dr that doesnt use childrens nurses after hours and you even talk to a dr, NOT a nurse on the weekends. Just not a well ran drs office with incompetent, argumentative staff.

new to the area

I am new to the area and attempting to find a new Ped. I would have to agree with the original post. The doctors have good reviews online however I have called this office twice and both times they have needed to call me back to tell me if a doctor is accepting new patients. I would think this is something the office should be well aware of on an ongoing basis. (...unless they are prescreening their patients?)

We love Dr. Darby! She's been great with my daughter and we've never had an issue with scheduling or gaining access. We've been pleased with Greenvale Pediatrics as a whole.

Dr Darby is an excellent doctor. HOWEVER, she has an incompetent staff whom always loses appointments. I have twice been told my appointment was not logged in. The first it happened I was understanding. Nevermind the fact that I set all 3 of my children's appointments 2 months ahead of time (a difficult thing to do in itself given how busy their office is). At the make up appointment I made a 1 year checkup for shots for my infant, but this time she wrote it on an appointment card ( I usually forgo the card to save waste ). Lo and behold I am writing this review as a result of a very slow and disorganized staff. We love Dr Darby. She is a special doctor who cares for her patient. I have referred my sisters and brother to take their children there. It is difficult to get appointments there but if you plan ahead like I did then everything will go smoothly. Just be prepared for a staff that is not well suited for handling the case load that good doctors demand.

Dr. Darby H Mcelderry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.