Dr. Darin Allred Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Darin Allred?

Posted on June 23rd, 2013

I had a total shoulder replacement in 2013. My insurance is a closed system, but I had several Orthopedic Surgeons to choose from. I did my research and I chose Dr. Allred for his knowledge and commitment to his profession. I was extremely happy with my decision and I would see him again in a heartbeat! In addition to rating him 4 Stars, there were several aspects that convinced me that I had made the right choice. He explained my situation with the best possible solution. When asked, "If I were your wife would you recommend this surgery for her and he replied yes". That is what I needed to know! He carefully listened to my medical history and read me like a book. Due to allergies, he provided the medication that I requested and did so without hesitation. Because of that, my pain was controlled and without nausea and vomiting. I chose to be off pain killers within 2 weeks of my surgery and happily did so. He also took great care in preventing post anesthesia nausea and I was very grateful. This was my first major surgery. I believe that a patient has to take responsibility and do their part. It's easy to blame the caregiver. Some people will never be happy no matter what kind of care they received. Dr. Allred performed a successful surgery, Luckily, there were no complications. He exceeded my expectations in all of the rated categories....but, at the end of the day - those were just a bonus. It's the skilled surgeon that I am most grateful for.

Excellent

Posted on March 14th, 2012

A far cry from the standard of doctor care in today's society. This Doctor shows a genuine interest in the patient and is up front about outcomes. It was a pleasure someone capable of providing all the information needed to make a sound choice.

Great Dr

Posted on June 13th, 2011

I suffered a bad ski injury that required surgery. I did some checking around outside of Kaiser and my friend recommended Dr Allred (also a sports surgeon)He did a great job. He has the reputation of being a great surgeon.

Great physician

Posted on January 2nd, 2011

Dr. Allred was very clear and concise regarding my injury. I had fallen and tore my lcl, acl, and partially tore my pcl. Complicating matters, I was 20 weeks pregnant at the time, with a pre-existing blood clotting disorder. He discussed all the possibilities in terms of what would be good for me, what would be good for the baby etc. He contacted my ob/gyn right away to discuss the best course of treatment. My surgery was scheduled to be an outpatient procedure but when he was operating, he discovered problems with a nerve running down the front of my shin into my ankle. He took the time to call in a surgeon with my expertise in repairing nerves to fix that. He did not rush through anything and made sure that everything was done correctly. Baby and I are doing fine.

Knee Surgery

Posted on September 14th, 2010

Dr. Allred was kind, sensitive and helped me to dispel my fears.He did my surgery quickly and proficiently. Responded quickly when I phoned in after the surgery. His nurse was lovely, made me feel like part of the family. I best of all almost back to normal and no scars! If you have Dr. Allred follow his instructions for a healthy recovery.Thank you Dr. Allred.

Amazing with a wonderful reputation

Posted on September 13th, 2010

My best friend works at kaiser and he referred me to Dr Allred. He has the reputation of being kind, smart and talented.

Poor communication

Posted on February 25th, 2010

I hand-picked Dr. Allred for my knee injury based on the other Dr's available with this group. I was excited to meet him but when the time came, Dr. Allred was short and brief with me. He discussed my MRI results minimally and did not go over the radiology report. When I sought a 2nd opinion outside of Kaiser, it was discovered I had 2 other major injuries that were not discussed with me during my appointment with Dr. Allred. These injuries were CLEARLY notated on my radiology report from Kaiser. Dr. Allred spent the required 10 minutes with me but did not discuss all my options in detail. I felt he had no bedside manner and was not compassionate or empathetic. I thought I caught him on a bad day but after reading these reviews, I see this is just his way. I am disappointed.

Dr. Allred is an Excellent Sports Medicine Doctor

Posted on February 19th, 2010

Dr. Allred diagnosed my injury and was very professional during the entire procedure of my 2 surgeries. He followed up regularly and returned phone calls promptly. I would suggest Dr. Allred to anyone that suffers a sports related injury.

uncaring, arrogant.

Posted on February 3rd, 2010

This Doctor saw my mother for a displaced fracture in her humerus. He said her current cast was further displacing her fracture, and that it should be reset for better alignment. Upon viewing the subsequent x-rays following the re-set, he told us the alignment was even worse than before. When we inquired about surgery, he asked if my mother liked to wear short sleeved shirts, because not having a crooked arm was important to some people as though this was mere a decision to be made out of vanity. He also said that, since my mother is a smoker, she would be "hard-up to find a surgeon willing to work on her", her best bet was to try to convince a surgeon that she had quit smoking. My mother saw a hand specialist the next day who was baffled as to why she had not been scheduled for surgery as her fracture was clearly unacceptable. I hope Dr. Allred has to spend some time with a serious injury so that he can find a bit more compassion in dealing with his patients.

Jerk

Posted on February 1st, 2010

The only time I ever saw him he was late, took one look at my file and without ever having spoken to me before, told me in no uncertain terms that he would not perform my surgey for personal reasons. Then qualified this with a comment that has not been determined if I require surgery and he implied I had the option for a cortizone injection. He did not offer nor suggest that further procedures would more definitively determine if surgery would be advisable. He gave me the injection and left quickly. I may have caught him on a bad day but my intuitive sense was this is how this person always is. Jerk.

Posted on January 13th, 2016