Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Darin K Buschmann
Dr. Darin K Buschmann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northridge, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Buschmann is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. Dr. Buschmann has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Darin K Buschmann has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 18
My mom has been seeing Dr. Buschmann for about two years now. He is both kind and knowledgeable. My mom is 79 years old and he is very gentle with her, explains what he is doing and why. He answers questions and takes his time with her, asking how she's doing and what's going on in her life. We never feel rushed and we never have to wait long to see him. When he moved offices from Van Nuys to Northridge, we did not switch doctors. We feel he's worth the longer drive.
Couldn't get an appointment for 4 weeks. The office staff is ridiculous. The address was listed wrong online and I called to let them know I would be a little late. They told me I had the wrong appointment time but to come in anyway. When I got there I had to wait till other customers were taken care of then I was handed my new patient papers. In the middle of filling them out I hear the office nurses whispering saying she's too late she needs to reschedule. I talked to them and they said you are too late we need to reschedule you, you took too long to get here. They told me it would take 15 minutes to get there from where I had driven initially and it took me about 20 minutes tops. Said I was wrong and I took too long and rolled their eyes at me when I asked why would they say to even come in if he couldn't see me. They said they could schedule me for an appointment the next day so I thought at least they are trying to help me a little. Nurse looked at computer and was just pressing the up and down arrow key not really looking and said "Oh, never mind we don't have an appointment for you" at that point I said just forget it i'll find a new doctor. Didn't try to stop me or say sorry or anything. Can't say anything about the doctor himself but he definitely needs to teach his office staff some manners because at that rate he will lose all of his patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Buschmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Darin K Buschmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlain Arthur Karaguezian Md, 18546 Roscoe Blvd, Northridge, CA
Dr. Darin K Buschmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northridge, CA.