Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darius J Bartkus has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Darius J Bartkus has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Bartkus is bar far one of the best intensivists. He is smart, detailed and experienced so he will catch things others can miss or overlook. Plus he truly cares about his patients and takes time explain and put medical terminology in layman's terms. My mother was a long term ICU patient and the days Dr. Bartkus was on duty I knew everything would be okay. I credit him for saving her life!
DR. Bartkus was on emergency duty at MacNeal hospital when my sister was being treated there. He was professional, to the point, and bluntly honest in his dealings with us. I really appreciated the way way he took care of her and especially haoe he interfaced withe the family detailing the options, risks, progress at each step.
22 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Darius J Bartkus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Advanced Radiolgst, 3249 Oak Park Ave, Berwyn, IL
Dr. Darius J Bartkus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berwyn, IL.