Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darius Gharib has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Thyroid Diseases
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 8
I've been a patient of Dr. Gharib for the past nine years. He is professional, caring, knowledgeable, and wonderful. He takes your concerns and questions seriously but never jumps the gun to put you through unnecessary procedures or tests. He cares about the patient beyond any doctor I've ever been to. I have recommended him to all my friends & family members because he is not just a fantastic dr but a true human being. There has never ever been any circumstance with me or others that he acted as a business minded individual. He takes time with his patients addressing each and every problem, question, or concern. You are lucky if you can be his patient. The wait time is always manageable even though he truly spend time with each and every patient. All these years the most I've waited was 15 minutes (but that was an unscheduled visit / emergency that I needed to see the doctor). Over the years I had hospitalization which he attended to me as if I am a member of his family!!! He told me when I needed to be in the hospital, which saved my life, and he wanted me out of there as soon as he did not see any further benefit of hospitalization. He is extremely respectful of patient's wishes but at the same time gives you his professional opinion and recommendation. His diagnosis is to the point....not even once he has been wrong. Thank your lucky star if he takes you as a patient because he is not into money making business and may even advise you to stay with your current doctor!!! Yes...unheard of!!
First off, he is dismissive of the patient's concerns regarding serious symptoms. As a result, he gave me multiple incorrect diagnoses. The focus of his practice is scamming your insurance company by claiming he provides tests, shots and services that he never administers. I needed a pre-surgical clearance and he turned it into THOUSANDS of dollars- some of which was just fake billing. I do not recommend this doctor.
- Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Darius Gharib accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDarius Gharib Md, 16133 Ventura Blvd Ste 350, Encino, CA
Dr. Darius Gharib is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.