Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Darla J Hinshaw has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Darla J Hinshaw has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 4 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darla J Hinshaw - Posted on October 31st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darla J Hinshaw - Posted on April 17th, 2016
First time I went to see Dr Hinshaw with my daughter, she was very unorganized. She had not had any paperwork that I had to initially complete at a separate appointment. When I asked if she had received it, she left her office to go find it. Then as she asked us questions, she tried to skim the detailed paperwork. Disappointing that it was clear to me she did not read it beforehand. She wasted our time. On a positive note, she was very kind to my daughter and I believe started her on the right medication. Last, we were 10 min late for a follow up appointment. We live 1.5 hrs away and hit construction. She absolutely refused to see us. I offered to reschedule for a different time that day, and was given a completely different date to return. I was appalled! Terrible customer service from the Dr and the office staff. I have since found my daughter a new Dr. The new Dr doesn't even agree with the diagnosis Dr Hinshaw gave my daughter. I am glad we found a different place to go. They have done things right.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darla J Hinshaw - Posted on February 11th, 2016
Doctor didn't seem to have time for my concerns. Was talking on the phone about another client. (What happend to confidentiality?) During our supposed time. I had concerns that took days getting back and both times, never doctor only nurse. Per hinshaws supposed suggestion, taking my son to a doctor and having that doctor say he was having side effects...Hinshaw insisted it was not medication side effects but something else. A complete inexcuse of a doctor!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darla J Hinshaw - Posted on April 22nd, 2013
After my son's visit, Dr. Hinshaw refused to discuss medication changes with me. She was supposed to call me twice and did not call me. Very confrontational when I finally spoke with her during a treatment review meeting. Did not take the time to learn about my son's previous medication experiences before trying to make new ones. Do not feel she has taken the appropriate time to truly know my son's challenges. Extremely rude and condescending.
27 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Darla J Hinshaw accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsHARSHA OUTPATIENT SERVICES LLC, 4733 S 7th St, Terre Haute, IN
Dr. Darla J Hinshaw is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Terre Haute, IN.