Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Darrell J Franks has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Darrell J Franks has the following 16 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Darrell J Franks has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 5
Franks wait time in his office is a minimum of 3 hours! He is not prompt. The office is hard to contact-if you cand find the correct number. Diagnosis: "if it hurts when you move your arm like that, then don't move it that way" That was Franks diagnosis! After a major knee surgery he didnt give my mother blood thinners. Less then a month later she was in CICU with Bilateral Pulmonary Embolism, both lower lungs were full of clots, her leg she had knee surgery on was full, and the right artery going to the lungs. All from the knee surgery. My mother spent 8 days in CICU, on the 5th day Franks PA came in and all she wanted to know was where my mothers leg brace was and why she wasnt wearing it! If you want to chance your life then go see Franks.
Dr. Franks demonstrated thorough knowledge of medicine during my procedure. However post-op service is lacking. He didn't explain things very clearly after the surgery. His personal nurse and receptionist were not friendly or helpful at all. The first appointment that I had I waited for over an hour before I was able to see him (and I only saw him for a mere 5 minutes at the most). However displeased with the service I received post-op, Dr. Franks is the doctor you want to see in order to ensure your procedure is done correctly, however the care afterwards is lacking extremely.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Darrell J Franks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Darrell J Franks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Snyder, TX.