Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Darrell R Hansen
Dr. Darrell R Hansen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hansen is affiliated with Memorial Medical Center, Stanislaus Surgical Hospital and Doctors Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Darrell R Hansen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Darrell R Hansen has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Darrell R Hansen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Darrell R Hansen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
4pm appointment not seen until well after 5 pm. Was advised he would call in a prescription for antibiotic and albuteral to assist 83 year old man having difficulty breathing. Friday called back to office as no script had been called in yet, they promised they would promptly take care of this. As if Sunday the pharmacy has yet to hear from Dr. Hansen. Monday we will seek a new primary care physician as this one is unacceptable!!!!
This doctor is terrible! So is everyone in the office as far as his staff. I saw him ONCE and told him my medical history. After that, he always passed me on to his P.A. They haven't helped me with my abdominal or back pain. They don't refer me to specialists--they just tell me to go to whoever and then create an insurance nightmare for me. It's like he and the whole office don't understand how their own physician group works.
I have had Dr. Hansen for 36 years. I have always been impressed by his knowledge of medicine and his caring for his patients. I entrusted my mother to his care and still feel that it was because of his expertise that she lived such a long life. I entrust the health of my children to him and my own. He understands the human condition and often will counsel you along with providing you with the best medical care ever. As I stated, Dr. Hansen has been my doctor for 36 years....I have him as my physician that long because to me he is the best.
Dr. Hansen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Darrell R Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarlson Hansen Kwon Hong Mds, 1213 Coffee Rd Ste A, Modesto, CA
Dr. Darrell R Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.