Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Darrell Hirt
Dr. Darrell Hirt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hirt is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth, JPS Diagnostic and Surgery Hospital of Arlington and Baylor Medical Center at Southwest Fort Worth. He speaks English.
Dr. Darrell Hirt has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Darrell Hirt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
Dr. Hirt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
JPS Diagnostic and Surgery Hospital of Arlington
Baylor Medical Center at Southwest Fort Worth
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
Harris Methodist - Springwood
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Plaza Medical Center
32 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1981
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Darrell Hirt accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1000 W Cannon St, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Darrell Hirt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.