Dr. Darren Lackan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Darren Lackan?

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

Well I really like Dr Lackan and he was very nice and professional and he did several tests and reassured me that my knot in my throat is benign and this put my mind at ease.

Posted on January 7th, 2017

He made me feel like I had the worst thyroid he has ever seen and that I would need surgery. I got a second opinion and realized I'm good just have an enlarged thyroid. If I continued going to him he would have cut that thing out. Also- his staff was terrible

Posted on July 20th, 2016

Dr. Laikin, after my 2nd visit was able to tell me more than my primary physicians had been able to tell me in over 10 years. He is truly a good and kind doctor and he really seems to care.

Posted on June 2nd, 2015

Dr. Lacken is an ok Doctor. His staff is terrible. They never return phone calls. I am a thyroid cancer patient and have had so much trouble getting phone calls from the staff. I think it is ridiculous that you yourself cant not leave a voice message with the MA, LVN or Nurse, you have to give message to front desk, then it is up to the front desk to get the message to the MA, LVN or the Nurse.

Posted on May 14th, 2015

He treats me as a partner. He takes time to fully explain everything and calm my fears. I'm a thyroid cancer patient. My PCP said he is one of the best and as usual my PCP was right. Dr. Lackan is going to be straight forward with you about what is going on. I'm glad I have him on my team.

DTC is to big

Posted on July 19th, 2013

Dr. Lackan is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. However, dealing with the administrative staff or trying to get a message to the Dr. is a nightmare. As other posts have mentioned getting lab results back, prescription refills, or having to rely on the office to send anything to a 3rd party has now reached a point where it's predictably bad. I don't think it's intentional, but it seems there are just too many patients and requests for them to keep up with. I've been a patient for years and when the office was smaller, it was much easier to deal with. Time to find a new endo...

Doctor's Response

This is the second comment I have seen regarding getting messages through to me. I will discuss this at this months staff meeting to make sure processes are followed correctly to get messages to me in a reasonable amount of time. Every physician office is having to deal with new healthcare requirements and less reimbursement from insurance companies which limits the growth of the administrative staff. This is something that most physician groups will be dealing with over the next years. Please understand that your comment will be addressed.

Return call from office staff unacceptable

Posted on June 28th, 2013

Office staff was rude and uncaring , need to be educated in saying they don't accept insurance without hurting people . The patients calling your office are sick and scared . There are ways of talking to people without upsetting them , perhaps referring them to someone who can help them . Won't be using you . The one star on here was required .

Doctor's Response

I am certainly disappointed in hearing that the staff treated you poorly. I strive to hire staff that are compassionate people. I'm not familiar with your specific situation but I urge you to discuss this with my office manager, Michelle. Please let her know who you spoke with so this matter can be taken care of immediately so no one else has this same experience in the future.

Long time patient

Posted on May 12th, 2013

Dr. LACKAN IS A GREAT DOCTOR, HE WILL TAKE TIME WITH YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE TO CALL WITH A PROBLEM IT TAKES 3 TO 4 DAYS BEFORE YOU HEAR BACK AND THAT WORRIES ME

Doctor's Response

All physician offices have been stretched recently with implementation of new healthcare requirements. You would be surprised at the number of phone calls we get in one day. We triage all phone calls and urgent ones are answered by me prior to the end of the day. All others are answered as soon as possible in the order that they are received. I do my best everyday to answer all urgent phone calls. I will review the triage process with my staff and make sure everything is reaching me in a timely manner.

Retired

Posted on January 23rd, 2013

Extreemly bad phone system with long delays while waiting for an "agent". Did not prescribe any medication after removal of cancerous Thyroid. I had to ask about it Around (4) weeks after surgery. By this time my TSH was way out of kilter and felt awful. Now it's been (10) months and the TSH is still too high.

Posted on August 22nd, 2012

My thyroid Dr retired after many years. I thought I would have to go to several others before locating one I felt I could rely on and trust. My first impression of Dr Lackan's office was great. Every person I came in contact with was exactly what I would hope for, but not expect. Dr Darren Lackan's personality is patient, he explained in detail without rushing me what was going on and what he suggested. I was concerned and anxious my first two appointments, but after each one, I became totally at ease. After more appointments I now have total confidence in Dr Lackan and his staff. I certainly would recommend him. I understand why he and the other doctors in his office were voted best doctors in Fort Worth Texas for several years.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the nice comments about our clinic. We strive to provide the best care possible. I'm glad that you have grown to have trust in me and the clinic as a whole.

Great Doctor

Posted on October 19th, 2011

Dr. Lackan is very caring and knows how to treat people. His bedside manner is very personal. I would recommend him to anyone.

Posted on April 9th, 2011

While I believe that Dr. Lackan is and excellent doctor, I have had multiple problems with his staff. They have ordered the wrong labwork multiple times and I constantly have problems getting refills if my prescription runs out before my next visit. They always claim that they do not receive the fax from the pharmacy, even if I have a confirmation. It is hard to get a live person on the phone, and if you leave a message after hours for prescriptions, the say they will charge $25.00. Dr. Lackan makes excuses for these issues.

Doctor's Response

I agree that the clinic has had growing pains and there are sometimes miscommunications between the pharmacy and our office. Some due to my staff and others due either to the pharmacy or just technology. I assure you that every comment regarding the staff is taken seriously and the office manager looks into concerns and possible changes that will make errors less common.