Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darren E Meyer has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Darren E Meyer has the following 11 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Darren E Meyer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
Great Dr. Interested in the whole patient Very thourough in his understanding of Meds you should take. First Dr who has ever helped me with my depression. Haven't felt this good in years. Now Im on the right meds and life feels normal. Would not want another Dr in this type of meds to help me. Thank you Dr Meryer for all you have done
If you are looking for an experienced doctor that you can trust you really have to make an appointment with Dr. Meyer. I will tell you without any doubt he has made a difference in my life. The first thing you will see is his sincerity. Dr. Meyer takes the time to talk to you. He does not just send you off with a bunch of meds. He really wants to help you obtain a balance in your life without dependence on a lot of medication. He seems to genuinely care about your well being. He has the experience you want, and you won't regret checking him out. I highly recommend him to all my family and friends.
When all he has to do is refill a prescription he is OK. When I really needed help. I really dreaded seeing him because there is absolutely noeaningful interaction. Never looks up from his notes. Never never looks at you.ultiple people told me is bed side manner is the worst Misdiagnosed me and put me on a medication with horrible side effects. Had to see another doctor to get things fixed
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1989
Timberlawn Psych Hospital
Dr. Darren E Meyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsMeyer Moolamalla And Beverly Mds, 1575 Heritage Dr Ste 203, McKinney, TX
Dr. Darren E Meyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McKinney, TX.