Have you seen Dr. Darren K Mollick?

Dont waste your time

Wish I could give 0 stars! Went into Dr. Mollick to get an abnormal mole removed. Prior To making my consult visit I told the office that I have an allergy to lidocaine. And had a weird reaction the past couple times. They said no problem we can use something else on you. So I proceeded and made my consult appointment to meet with the doctor before getting the surgery. To my surprise when I met the doctor he told me he does use other stuff but he really likes to use lidocaine and feels more “comfortable” with it. Which is ridiculous because as a doctor or you learn other ways to numb the patient. And make the patient comfortable. So after telling them my allergist does not carry lidocaine to be tested because he persists on me being injected with needles when I don’t need to be injected. They told me they cannot treat me which is disgusting being they took the Hippocratic oath as a doctor. So I please the doctor and called an allergist he referred because it’s always about money with doctors. And they told me it’s a very big test you’re sitting in an office for three hours while they inject you with lidocaine why should I be injected with it when i dont need to be numbed at that point. If you have a sensitivity or an allergy to lidocaine do not use this doctor you’re only wasting your co-pay and your time to be turned down.

Dr. Mollick and his staff were efficient and showed compassion during my visits. They were patient to answer questions and followed up when there we subsequent concerns.

Was very comfortable with dr mollick, he seems to be very knowledgeable about all aspects of dermatology.

A fine doctor.

Getting an appointment was at least as easy as any of the many medical office I have dealt with. Waiting time was a bit long at one office where I went for a diagnosis but I was attended to IMMEDIATELY when I went for a procedure. The staff is efficient, competent and courteous. Judging from other reviews and what I saw at the offices, it seems to me that staff must have frequently had to deal with a lot of discourteous cranky customers. The staff seemed to me to be grateful for respectful, courteous treatment from patients. I found Dr. Mollick to be open, down to earth, factual, sensitive to my fears and caring about my discomforts. He described exactly what he would do, gave a running description of what he was doing during the procedure and explained precisely the precautions he was obliged to take while giving me choices, where choices were possible. His medical knowledge seems very, very deep -- but not being an MD myself, I can judge only on the basis of other well-educated people I know. He's warm, eager to please, and displayed a playful sense of humor which was most helpful when I was feeling fretful and kvetchy. He has done procedures on my wife, my sister-in-law and on me and we agree that he has nimble, competent hands and does very good work. My experience with Dr. M was not at like some of the negative reviews posted on this site. Perhaps the negative reviewers caught his office on a bad day, or perhaps they are accustomed to a level of catering that I am not able to find, or perhaps they themselves were in a cranky, demanding, discourteous mood when they visited Dr. Mollick's office. One of us was a bit unhappy with a referral he made ... That, I believe, is a problem in dealing with physicians whose practices are managed by Pro-Health ... I don't quite understand what Pro-Health does:>It seems to be an overly-aggressive management company.

Waiting at least 1 1/2 hours in waiting room

Took 2 weeks to get an appointment, waited 1 hr in the waiting room, then was transferred to another waiting room where I waited another 30 minutes, I was speaking to some of the other patients 4 had the same appt time as me...Dr Mollick came in; said hello and wrote me 2 prescriptions then left...took 2 minutes. Then waited 10 minutes to pay the copay. This practice is a meat market...maybe a good doc...but not worth the hassle.

Dr. Darren K Mollick is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.