Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darren R Pollock has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Fecal Incontinence
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Prolapse
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
While I assume he is a good doctor, his bedside manner is completely lacking. Communication is often difficult and hard to understand. I always felt like I was on my own, even after 2 major surgeries. When calling to speak with his assistant, she often was silent until you finally had to ask if she was still on the line with you. There were large silent gaps in the phone calls. Very strange.
He is a unique doctor, very detailed, kind compassionate and most of all caring for his patients with such polite manner. He is excellent listener, never thinks that any question for him by his patient is no value. He tackles it so well. I trust this doctor with my life and well being. I highly recommend him. He makes time for his patients and there is times where he calls his patients directly to discuss concerns.
From the first time I was diagnosed with cancer and met this doctor, I was extremely pleased with the way he handled my problems. He was not just my doctor but I could put all my worries in his hands. About 2 weeks ago he sat me down and explained to me all the steps he needs to take to get remove my cancer in his office. I asked him queries and he was never the kind of doctor who gave me a run around the bushes. He was very straight forward in explaining and answering questions. He is gentle voice comfort when one is scared. I told him doctor we know I have a major problem and I am putting my life in your hands and I trust you will take good care of it. That's exactly what he did. He held my hand and crossed that river with me. He has excellent manners and very kind. This is my very own experience and I say Thank You Dr. Pollock for being my hero.
Dr. Pollock did colon surgery on me in 2004. I had stage 3 cancer. I could not have asked for a better surgeon and his bedside manner could not have been any better. He also kept my original doctors informed of my care, which made me not have to explain what was going on. Thanks to that original surgery I survived and I am doing great.
This is one great physician. I was his patient for 4 years, in Houston , texas. When i thought i was going to give up , he gave me support, and encouragment. He is a great surgeon, skilled at all he does. I would put my full trust in what he says and does.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
22 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Darren R Pollock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSwedish Colon And Rectal Clinic, 1101 Madison St Ste 510, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Darren R Pollock in this video.
Dr. Darren R Pollock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.