Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darren E Wirtz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 36
Dr. Wirtz was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I would not give him 1 star. His bedside manner, totally encroached on my space as a woman. I always felt he just got to close to me...creepy. He seemed to be really into himself therefore missing a bacteria infection that landed me in the hospital. The staff does not make appointments for you when he refers you. Patients are sick & out of it. They didn't care. I would advise every woman NOT to go to him. When he referred me to another doctor, it was going to be 2 months out. Everything hinged on this doctor. I begged for a sooner appointment as I was in total pain and not able to work. The office person I was talking to suddenly said"stop yelling at me." She heard the panic in my voice. Dr. Wirtz the got on the phone & yelled at me. He did not give me an opportunity to speak to him & hung up. They never contacted me like they did before fo my follow up appt.
when you first get to see him he hands you abusiness card and says if you need anything call my office ..well I needed him and it took 3 days for the nurse to call back and she didnt even listen to my message or give me the correct information. very incompetent nurse. Then they make you come back for followups instead of doing the followup after the test. Ripping off your insurance and making you pay another co pay. Very bad for a doctor to do this to his patients.
13 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Darren E Wirtz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdult Medicine Specialist Of Las Vegas, 7180 Cascade Valley Ct Ste 280, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Darren E Wirtz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.