Is Dr. Darrington P Altenbern the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Darrington P Altenbern
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with other offices in Nashville, TN and Nashville, TN . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Altenbern is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Dr. Altenbern has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern has the following 20 expertise
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hot Flashes
- Laser Surgery
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pelvic Pain
- Birth Control
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 28
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darrington P Altenbern - Posted on April 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Darrington P Altenbern - Posted on June 29th, 2015
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2014, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Altenbern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Darrington P Altenbern, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Nashville, TN, in this video.
Dr. Darrington P Altenbern is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Nashville, TN.