Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darryl M Atwell has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Darryl M Atwell has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Darryl M Atwell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Atwell, Was the attending Anesthesiologist for my tonsillectomy. During my surgery I experience some complications, possible due to my weight. After the surgery Dr. Atwell spoke with me about the situation and gave me caring advise about my health. I was truly touched by his bedside manner. I felt that his concerns were sincere. His words had a great impact on me and because of them I am committed to leading a healthier lifestyle for myself and my family.
Dr. Atwell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSterling Anesthesia Management Services, 3001 Hospital Dr, Hyattsville, MD
Dr. Darryl M Atwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyattsville, MD.