Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darryl G Elrod Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Darryl G Elrod Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
Dr. Darryl G Elrod Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 48
I went in for my annual exam and got a Pap smear. After my pap came back abnormal, Dr. Elrod performed a colposcopy that showed a high grade abnormality, and then he quickly did a leep which showed I had cervical cancer. I was able to be referred very quickly and got a complete hysterectomy. Yes it wasn't ideal but I'm thankfuk that it was got and taken care of. I have always received excellent and thorough care by Dr. Elrod and staff and will never go anywhere else.
My first pregnancy I was in anchorage and got nothing I wanted happened, then I had a c section. Now with my second pregnancy I first met with Peggy and I really didn't like the feel when I walked in, and I felt for me the level of professionalism wasn't there. I didn't go back. I was about 6 months pregnant when I finally found Dr Elrod omg I was so happy. I walked in and was greeted by Christy (Super nice) and the nurses were a joy to talk to. During birth my daughters head came out but her whole body was stuck inside and wouldn't come out. I had 6 minutes before she passed away (found that out afterwards) and dr elrod did everything he could to get her out. Finally at 2 1/2 mins he twisted her and her arm got free and dr elrod let my husband pull her out like I had wanted. :) She had erbs palsy(sp) from all the work elrod had to do to get her out. We had to go to physical therapy for it but now she can move her arm and grasp things and you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong. He saved her. Oh my gosh he totally saved my baby. I was so scared and he was there for me. The next day he came back to check up on us and just eased every worry I had. I love Dr Elrod, and would never go anywhere else. By the way, he didn't sleep with his secretary. I don't know where you got your info from but you're wrong. Also right in the beginning I told him my pain tolerance is a 0 so I will be getting the epidural and he didn't give me any problems about it at all. Dr. Elrod and his wife are so very down to earth, such great people that give their time to do so much good here and in Haiti as well. I think that they are awesome people :)
If you are considered high risk than Dr. Elrod is not someone you want to see. I lost my baby and there was really no reason I should of lost him. Dr. Elrod should of noticed signs beyond the typical medical markers and he didn't. If he had said to go see a high risk doctor I would have, he did not.
17 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsIntegrated Womens Wellness, 780 S Snodgrass Dr, Palmer, AK
Dr. Darryl G Elrod Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palmer, AK.