Dr. Darwin Boor Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Darwin Boor?

Posted on May 17th, 2016

The office is small and only one doctor so the staff is small too. They stay busy since a lot of the other offices are closing and the ones that are staying open are backed up 6 months. If you get the machine, leave a message, they will call you back or just stop by and they will be very helpful.

Cares more about money than proper diagnosis

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

This doctor is rude and so is his staff. He gets kick backs from chronic migraine med prescriptions so that's what he diagnoses as 9/10. Poor bed side manor and only in it for the money. Plus the office is filthy and in a very bad part of town.

prejudice to mental illness

Posted on November 6th, 2015

His treatment and diagnose leaves alot to be said as a neurologist. His diagnoses have Been wrong in 4 occasions he has put me on medicines the actually brought my seizures back after over 20 years of not having any seizures. His competency is questional. I have never been treated by neurologist who assumes a person Illness in other fields not pertainIng to his proffession. Assumption and prejudice behavior to other illness makes him a bad do tor.

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

Under new management and Tomeka is wonderful! She has new staff in the office and understands customer service!!

Great doctor!

Posted on January 15th, 2015

Great doctor!

Horrible staff

Posted on November 21st, 2014

Had a spinal tap done. Staff had the wrong file and didn't infom me. Never told me when they found the right file. Very unorganized. He didn't seem to care that he couldn't figure out my issue. Didn't even refer me to anyone else. When I called to ask my records sent elsewhere no one will return my call to have it handle. I wouldn't recommend coming here for a neurology visit. Need a doctor and staff that's more caring.

Rude and callous

Posted on March 7th, 2013

Dr Boor is the most rude ,insensitive and crude doctor one could ever encounter. His beside manner is awful and he is very condescening. If you anyone needs long term neurological care seek it elsewhere. I have .

Big teddy bear

Posted on January 20th, 2013

Reading the other reviews here, I can totally believe all of them--the "rude, insulting" impressions and the "excellent, caring" impressions. I personally have had both impressions of this doctor; I think of him like a big teddy bear--rough on the outside, but made of honey on the inside. He is definitely blunt. And he doesn't like people trying to pull something over on him or coming across as emotionally needy. It took a number of visits for us to figure each other out, and there are still times when he can bring me almost to tears b/c he's so blunt. But once I learned not to take his abruptness personally, we worked extremely well together. I remember one time getting extremely exasperated with him (I thought he was blowing off my symptoms), and I finally said really plainly, "Look, I'm not making up my symptoms. I have much better things to be doing with my time and money than spending them in doctor's offices all the time. I'm not here just to get meds or sympathy or whatever other wrong reasons patients might come here. I'm here because something's wrong with me, and I don't know what it is, and I need help!" I looked up and, to my great surprise, he was crying. Yes, crying. I think that was the only time I've ever seen any of my doctors cry. And that was when I knew for sure that he really, really cared about his patients. That was when I saw through his blunt, sometimes abrasive bedside manner. I haven't found such a competent neurologist anywhere else in Greenville--and I saw at least two others in G'ville (at two other different practices) and had terrible experiences with both of them. I could tell Dr. Boor was a really smart doctor from the first appointment, and my other docs (family doc, pain specialist, etc.) in Greenville clearly respected him. No matter how late he was running, he always took however much time he needed to with me (I had multiple appointments where our 1x1 time lasted over an hour). I have since moved away from Greenville, and when I moved, he specifically asked me to keep him informed of how my case progressed. He has since been willing to talk to my doctors out of state when needed, and I still consult with him if needed when I'm in the Greenville area. I'm always amazed at how well he remembers my case. I continue to find his advice and perspective pertinent and very helpful. All in all, he's a gem of a doctor for those with a bit of tough skin :-)

rude and insulting doctor!

Posted on October 26th, 2012

I have never experienced a doctor who was so rude and insulting. When looking at my mother's MRI he used medical termanology that we didn't understand, and when we asked him to please explain in layman's terms he acted put out, and then he STILL did not answer our questions. It was as if he had a 'holier- than- thou' attitude the whole time. He wants NO input from family members. We suspected that my mother was in the early stages of alzheimer's when we had our first appt with him. (I have since been told by 'good' neurologists that we've seen after our dreadful experience with Dr. Boor, that most neurologists welcome input from concerned family on a new patient's symptoms) Dr. Boor not only stopped me in my tracks when I tried to give examples of why we were concerned, but he literally yelled at me, 'I am the doctor here.....not you....me!!!! And I will ask the questions if I need input from you!' I was quite literally taken aback over that comment. The office visit just detiorated from that point on. After he told my mother that he thought she had alzheimer's, I spoke up and said, 'Gosh, what's the next step? None of us (meaning my family) have any experience with this. Can you give us some suggestions or resources that we can turn to, so that we can educate ourselves and do the best for my mother. Would you suggest that we contact the local chapter of the Alz. Association?' His cold answer shocked me. He (and I quote you!) said, very coldly, 'Are you asking this to benefit your mother, or are you just looking for help for yourself? It seems to me that YOU are the one who's having an issue, not your mother. That organization is not going to benefit her at all.' I was thinking to myself, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I actually just heard those words come out of a doctor's mouth........especially a neurologist telling us NOT to contact the Alz. Association for education, support groups, etc ???? At the end of the appointment, after he had delivered horrible news, and done so wth a horrible bedside manner, my mother was of course crying, and we were almost in tears. He asked us to follow him to the front desk, so that his staff could schedule an appointment for a Neuro-Psych Assessment Test with another doctor that he was referring us to. We stood there behind him (he was blocking us getting to the appointmaker by standing there talking to her.) He stood there, completely blocking us, and talked to the appt girl about her son's soccer game (or baseball or something) for at least 5 mins. There we were, my mother whimpering, and he just stood there, talking to the very person we needed to speak with and wouldn't get out of the way !!!!!!!! Let me also add, that the doctor he scheduled my mother for the Neuro-Psych Assessment Test is not in Greenville. It was about a 3 hour trip to get there, and required an overnight stay. He claimed that no one in Greenville performed this test. I have since come to find out that that is COMPLETELY not true......there are several other doctors in Greenville who do this test. This doctor that he referred us to was a total quack. It took us 4 MONTHS to get the results of that test. It should have taken no longer that a week or two to get those results back. Another example of terrible bedside manner, is that when he told my mother that she probably has alz., we were all sitting in an exam room, and the door to our room was open! lots of people were walking by, lots of commotion and it was noisy, my mother was crying, and it was ME who had to stand up and close the door! I felt like that was so inconsiderate. He also didn't even introduce himself, much less try to shake our hands, when he first entered the room at the beginning of the appt. Dr. Boors office staff is not friendly at all. The office is dirty, and the furniture is outdated and worn-out. The whole experience still infuriates me. I would definitely tell anyone who is considering seeing this doctor, to find another one. By the way, we are now under the care of a competent and caring neurologist, and it has made all of the difference in the world!

Posted on May 29th, 2012

Dr. Boor is great. Staff is not.

Posted on July 22nd, 2011

Dr. Boor was very helpful in taking the time to listen to me and research alternative medications since I had already exhausted everything within the states to try to treat my current condition.

horrible experience

Posted on August 22nd, 2010

i never encountered a more unprofessional and rude doctor in my life !! do not put your loved ones in this mans hands.