Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poplar Bluff, MO. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I call him the psycho doctor. I didn't take a suggested medicine sample (I had no symptoms for stated medicine and it was simply a suggestion to get me hooked on it). He proceeded to get infuriated and started insulting me. He approached with his fist clinched like he was going to attempt to hit me. Finally his nurse burst through the door and I left. I will never return! He didn't help or listen to me at all with my health issues. Nurse made fun of me for thinking I had cancer on a visit also. Saying "All you males are the same, you get a broken nail... You think it's cancer." He was more concerned with filing me full of medications that I didn't need. The fact he has kept his medical license all these years is unacceptable at best. If you must use him I suggest having someone in the room with you. He has anger issues and it seems he can become violent over nothing. Most that approve of him I'd say do so because they've had someone with them in the room. I can guarantee that!
This doctor is right to the point and very up to date! He stayed up all night to receive my test results as they became available. He is a very caring doc. If you want a straight forward doctor, he's for you. If you want a chatty, smiling doc then go to one of the younger doctors who herd their patients through like cattle and doesn't recognize you from one visit to another.
32 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Healthcare Management Services, 2002 Kanell Blvd Ste 103, Poplar Bluff, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr, MD - Family Medicine in Poplar Bluff, MO, in this video.
Dr. Darwin L Davis Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poplar Bluff, MO.