3.3

Have you seen Dr. Daryl R Pfister?

My mom got in the car and cried because of the pain and humiliation.

I'm very angry at the experience my mother just had with Dr. Pfister. My mom is a retired RN and knows how to treat patients with dignity. She did not receive that type of treatment from this doctor. When she was in his office getting prepped for her cataract surgery she moved her head to avoid the light (her eye was clamped open and the light was suddenly turned on) she was told to "get her butt back over there or she'd contaminate the area". She was in a lot of pain and wasn't given proper relief or taken seriously for that matter. She has a high pain threshold and is not a complainer at all and she sobbed when she finally got in the car. I'm very angry about the way my mom was treated and would recommend people avoid this man at all costs. You deserve better.

Wonderful Doctor

My mother had both eyes done by Dr Pfister and she has her vision back. Even better then when she was younger she stated! Be prepared to wait to be seen but with specialist that's expected. So happy with results father is going in for a consult!

Rushed, no questions

Very rushed; Seemed like everyone gets the same diagnosis. No questions asked, no suggestions for minor problems, just get to the money maker part of the treatment...sugery

Patient

Dr. Pfister has operated on both of my eyes. The first surgery was about 3 years ago on my left eye for a cataract surgery by another doctor that went bad and damaged the cornea. Dr. Pfister performed a partial cornea transplant on that eye and it restored my vision in that eye. When my right eye recently required cataract surgery.Dr. Pfister was my choice for this surgery. Everything went perfectly and I now have excellent vision in my right eye and am seeing better than I have for several years.

Rude and Abrupt

He told me that my visit to the ER and an optometrist were wrong because neither an ER doctor nor an optometrist "knew anything" about eyes. Yet, he told me to continue the medication I'd received from the ER doctor. He gave complicated instructions as to the schedule of its use; when I asked him to write it down he said, No, you'll have to remember it. I'm in my mid 70's and have trouble retaining information. And he wanted to schedule me for eye surgery immediately; intimidated me by saying You want to see, don't you? I opted to get a second opinion which was that I did Not Need Surgery and that it was a highly questionable recommendation! I did not have the eye problem that Dr. P said I had. At the time of my visit, I was feeling weak and almost sick -and he was so rude. Also, my eyes were swollen and red and yet he wanted me to have 'surgery' scheduled at once. I would never send anyone to this doctor.

Rushed and Rude

My sister woke up on a Saturday morning with horrible eye pain. She could not open either eye. We went to our eye doctor at Walmart (where we get our vision exams) and he told us there wasn't much he could do, and told us it was very important we follow up immediately (w/in 2 hours) with a corneal specialist. We called Southwest Eye Center's emergency line, and were told that no doctor would see us over the weekend as we were not established patients. We went to the ER where they diagnosed her with a corneal abrasion. They gave her antibiotics and pain medication, and told us we must follow up with the specialist on Monday. We called Monday morning, and were told the doctor does surgeries on Mondays and will not see patients. We made an appointment for Tuesday morning. Every seat in the waiting room was full, even though there are only two doctors on staff. We waited for nearly an hour before seeing Dr. Pfister. After we told him briefly what happened, he told us condescendingly, “NEVER go to the ER for eye issues.” We explained that we had no other choice, as the pain in her eye was unbearable, and he told us we should have seen a specialist. We told him we called several specialist offices on Saturday, and no one would see us, including his office. When I asked what else we should have done, he had no answer. He also told us the doctors at the ER did not know what they were looking at and know nothing about the eye. However, he told my sister to continue the antibiotics she was prescribed by the doctor at the ER, and offered us no other treatment. He rushed us through the appointment, did not explain anything, did not ask if we had any questions. He was rude and seemed quite arrogant, and I would not recommend him to anyone.

Eye Appointment

This physician saw me for a blocked tear duct. He told me to "stop talking" while taking my history, so he received an incomplete story about my problem. His bedside manner is very manner of fact and unfriendly. While searching for instruments, my numbing drops wore off, he told me they lasted 15 minutes, and I asked if he should reapply, he said "no". The procedure was painful, which I am not sure was preventable or not. I am a retired ER RN and have dealt with many, many surgeons in my career and most are polite to their patients during the office visit. I would not recommend this physician to my friends. .

Excellent

Very social, very polite, very timely, and did what was expected. Great doctor and all in all a great guy. Would recomend!

Doesn't care about patient

Dr. Pfister performed cataract surgery on me and the results were horrible. I was probably better off before the cataract surgery.

I would not recommend Dr. Pfister to anyone.

About a year ago, I went to Dr Pfister for treatment of severe dry eyes. After a few failed attempts at treatments that were prescribed by Dr Pfister, he recommended that I have an outpatient surgical procedure done to remove scar tissue that was causing some corneal complications and therefore causing the dry eyes. During the procedure, the Dr was extremely rude and unprofessional, and he actually yelled at me for attempting to cover my mouth when I sneezed because of the bright light that he shined into my eyes. He ranted for about 10 minutes that I contaminated his sterile instruments. The nurse that assisted felt so bad that she gave me a form to fill out to file a formal complaint, and suggested that I fill it out as soon as possible.When I went for the follow-up appt., I requested that another person be present in the exam room, and he was on his best behavior. Just last week, I had to return to Dr Pfister because after a year, I am experiencing the same dry eye symptoms that I had originally, only they seem to have gotten worse, and since he was the one who did the surgery, and his office had informed me that there was no other Dr. in the state that could perform the same surgery, I was forced to go back to him. I failed to request that someone be in the room during the exam, and that was a huge mistake.He was extremely rude and unprofessional once again, and pretty much said that there was nothing that he could do for me, he got irritated at me during the exam and rolled his eyes at me and spoke to me in a manner that so degrading to me that I just got up and walked out to the reception desk and asked them to please give me a referral to another doctor and was informed once again that he was the only corneal specialist qualified to treat me. I left in tears, because of the pain I was experiencing in my eyes, and the humiliation that I had just gone through with the dr., I called to speak with the office manager, who said that she would look into the matter and call me back, that was over a week ago, and I still have not received a call back. I have seen alot of doctors in my life, and some that I didn't care that much for, but I have never had a horrible experience like I did with this Dr. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

Dr. Daryl R Pfister is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Apache Junction, AZ.