Dr. Dat T Nguyen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Dat T Nguyen?

Has done several surgeries on me over the last 18 years and I am very satisfied with the care I received!

Great experience

I can respect that everyone has their own individual experiences and issues. I was referred to Dr. N. by my PCP, because he had had another patient see Dr. N. for weight loss surgery (which was the reason for seeking him out). The experience I had with both Dr. N and Doctor's Hospital of Manteca was the best possible first surgical experience I could have asked for. It took me a while to get to surgery because it took a while for me to lose the necessary weight to shrink my liver enough for surgery. Comparing to other Doctors, the program headed by Dr. N is very much doable and an overall good experience. He requires that all prerequisites have been met before we even submit to insurance. So there was a lot of hard work involved. But by the time my surgery came around I felt prepared, and mostly at ease (for my first surgery there was little to no nerves because I felt well informed and confident in Dr. N as a surgeon). The first two weeks post-op had been alright, but by week three I was starting to get a pretty bad bout of nausea. I called his office today and within a few hours his office called back to let me know that he prescribed me another medication for nausea, and just as I got off the phone with his office, CVS called and had my prescription ready. It's been a couple hours since I took the new medication and I am FINALLY feeling normal again. The first initial appointment I had a year and a half ago I was 400lbs, and now I am 343lbs! That first consult there was a bit of a wait time, but that's to be expected with a specialist, I've waited longer at offices before. His staff was always friendly and helpful and kind, as well. Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Dr. N. I have no regrets and I am very happy with everything he's done for me. Before the surgery, he came to see me in the prep room and definitely put my family at ease. When my younger sister asked to make sure that he was going to take care of me, he put them at ease by letting them know that Doctors don't want complications anymore than a patient does, and that he is confident that everything will go well, despite the obvious risks to surgery. I should add that in the beginning there was a mix up with my appointment scheduling with his staff. I didn't want to sit through altamont traffic one day, so I called to reschedule. I then came out for the time we rescheduled for and they said that I was not scheduled for that day so I had to make a THIRD appointment.

TERRIBLE

I can't even explain how terrible my experiences are with this doctor. He is more concerned with his reputation than patient care. His office staff can't get anything right, including getting insurance approval for the correct procedures to scheduling appointments. The last time, I waited 1.5 HOURS to be seen, all the while waiting in a windowless room with the ventilation turned off. If you can go to a different doctor, RUN, don't walk to their office. You will get nothing but attitude from everyone in this office.

Wasted my time and money

I went there for one issue, he does not want to treat it because it was not serious, but he did not share that with me. So I was under the impression that the colonoscopy, etc. that he ordered was part of the routine for treatment. **It turns out that I didn't really need the colonoscopy since I was only 36 at the time.**After procedure, he asked me to follow up within 2 weeks, and when I went to the appointment, he sent me home after 5 minutes because it was too soon. Then why did he not ask me to follow up within 3 weeks instead? The worst part is, he charged me for the visit that was too soon that he asks me to make! This happened twice.I can't help but get the feeling that I was just another sucker from which he can use to make some extra money.The original issue is still there. I just know that Dr. don't treat it until it is more serious.

Very highly do not recommend. If you need surgery, I highly recommend looking elsewhere. Surgery did not go well. Surgery follow-up was a joke and he would not address important issues. Office staff is unprofessional.