Dr. Dave Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dave Chen?

Medical and LISTENING skills

Dr. Chen really hears what you want to tell him, and he cares about you as a person, not just a patient.

Excellent Doctor

I have been Dr. Chen's patient for at least 7 years now and am very pleased. While he has a busy schedule, I always feel that he gives me the time I need and is very responsive to my concerns. He is really good about responding to my questions thru the patient portal as well. One time he actually sent me a note through the portal to tell me he had been thinking further about my unusual problem and did some research and made some suggestions that seem spot on, before even seeing a specialist. That tells me this doctor really cares about his patients, even when the appointment is over. He is a good listener, easy to talk to, and has made sure to be clear about next steps. The office is well run and I rarely have to wait very long. My only complaint is an insurance coding problem that took a long time to clear up, but that was only one incident out of many visits and they never hassled me about it. Overall great experience so far.

Excellent Doctor!

Excellent, brilliant, efficient doctor. Answers online questions promptly and clearly.

I would not recommend Dr. Chen

While Dr. Chen spent sufficient time with me during my initial visit, he failed to inform me on a timely manner about the results the tests he ordered. When he finally called a month after the results were ready, he seemed to want to cover up this fact by repeating the phrase "we have been monitoring your problem"... I wonder what extraordinary abilities he might have employed to "monitor" my condition since he simply refused to do anything about any of my symptoms prior to receiving the results of my tests... and since he forgot for a month to inform me that the ultrasound test has indicated a tumor! On top of this, he mentioned that I have scheduled an appointment with his "physician assistant", in other words, my scheduled already for a month appointment with him it not going to take place? I should meet instead with his assistant? This all seem very strange to me...

Bethesda Primary Care experience

Great friendly staff- excellent physician.

NOT AS ADVERTISED...

I AGREE WITH GILLIE 12. I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. WHEN I DECLINED TO TAKE A DRUG I HAD ALREADY TRIED AND COULD NOT TOLERATE, HE SAID IT WAS APPARENT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING CARE OF MYSELF!!! HIS ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS WERE VAGUE AT BEST. WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS OF A DRUG, I HAD TO PLAY 20 QUESTIONS AS IF IT WERE A BIG SECRET!!! HE KEPT HIS COMPUTER BETWEEN HIM AND ME LIKE A WALL...AFTER 4 VISITS, I CHANGED TO ANOTHER DOCTOR!

not a people person; rushed

Dr. Chen has stellar qualifications but is not very warm or caring. He seems very busy. Dr.Chen appears unfamiliar with my records. He doesn't remember that a medication had no positive effect the first time he proscribed it--he suggested the medication a second time. He is sometimes argumentative and dismissive.

Glad we changed to