Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Forster
Dr. David Forster, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pontiac, MI. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Forster is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ingham Regional Medical Center and Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Forster has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Forster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
Ingham Regional Medical Center
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
Harper University Hospital
POH Medical Center
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Doctors Hospital of Michigan
Lapeer Regional Medical Center
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Cardiovascular Surgeons of Michigan
Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital
JVHL-Pontiac Osteopathic Medical Center-Hospital L
Poh Regional Medical Center
Lapeer Regional Hospital
44 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. David Forster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions44555 Woodward Ave, Pontiac, MI
Dr. David Forster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pontiac, MI.