Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Hensley has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
My little boy and I love Dr. Hensley. He has never misdiagnosed my child and makes sure that I know at every visit that he genuinely cares by spending plenty of time with him. He always asks what's going on first, explains what's wrong, then asks if I have any questions. I will never take my child to a different Pediatrician.
When our breastfed infant son was not gaining weight, Dr. Hensley's nurse practitioner sent us home with formula. Not wanting to jeopardize nursing, we opted to begin our son on some solid foods along with breastfeeding instead of formula. He gained weight, albeit slowly at first. When we notified the office that we were going to try our idea first, we received an unexpected visit from a DCF social worker with a child neglect complaint. The worker found that our child was well cared-for, and upon a medical exam, the DCF medical office agreed that he was well-developed, just too underweight. They recommended finding a doctor that would agree with our plan. We did, and our son gained weight steadily and is now a healthy, intelligent, normal weight (and tall) 3-year-old. The actions of Dr. Hensley and his staff were unconscionable. When I tried to speak with him the day after the social worker's visit, he refused, and his nurse would not let me through to address the issue with him (I was, by nature, calm and polite). She actually complained that I brought our children in instead of my wife (I did this, because I work at home and like giving here some peace!). My experiences prior to this were borderline satisfactory, but afterward, I knew this was not a doctor I could trust to look out for my family's best interests.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. David A Hensley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEmerald Coast Pediatrics Pa, 4860 Woodbine Rd, Milton, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Hensley in this video.
Dr. David A Hensley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milton, FL.