Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Hester has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David A Hester has the following 11 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. David A Hester has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I have found DR H. helpful and attentive, but I can only communicate with him during my annual visit.. At no other time will the high and mighty PA allow any communication btwn Dr and Patient. AND she does not relay messages, or listen... I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about the PA, but good things to say about the DR.
I found Dr Hester very nice and professional but also much to conservative with diagnostic testing and possibilities. Seems like very much by the numbers (for lab results) kind of practice where these results seem to trump symptoms. He also provides very little feedback. I found the PA that I did follow-ups with to be totally arrogant and inadequate. Since she is part of his "team" she also gets included in the review. With symptoms that were never resolved her advice was to look elsewhere but provided no referral. In between the long periods of several months between appointments and deciding that I had suffered enough without adequate diagnosis and treatment, I looked elsewhere and am glad I did.
17 years he has been excellent and most professional. Has kept me controllable.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
45 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Duke University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAsheville Endocrinology Consultants, 750 Alliance Ct, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Hester in this video.
Dr. David A Hester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.