Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Lewis has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. David A Lewis has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. David A Lewis has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David A Lewis is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
During the pre-operative office visits, Dr. Lewis seemed very confident in handling my shoulder stabilization surgery. Unfortunately it wasn't until after the surgery that I realized that I was terribly wrong. First,he ordered an MRI without contrast which read normal without any defects. I now know that orthopedic best practices is to always take an MRI with contrast in order to view damage or tears of the labrum, which can't be seen otherwise. So on the day of surgery he wasn't fully prepared for what he'd find. Second, on the day of the arthroscopic surgery he accidentally dropped the scapel making a 1 1/4" incision that should have been less than 1/4". Third, he discovered a torn labrum that he wasn't fully prepared to address. Fourth, when drilling into the bone, the drill slipped and he scived the cartlidge, subjecting me to live with osteoarthritis. I was a 40 year old athletic female and was devastated by his remarks. Fifth, in the post-op visit he had a cold bedside manner when delivering the unfortunate events that transpired during surgery, causing me to slip into depression. To his benefit, he was honest about the mistakes he made and gave me the orthroscopic pictures taken during surgery. 7 years later, I dislocated the same shoulder again!
First time being there, My first impression was not good Dr. was quite, also he told me stright out I need surgery and that the bone spur would grow and he was 100% right it has been over 2 months and I suffer the pain because of the fear and the pain that I went through in his office. I sat out in front of bright for 25 minutes just crying.... my experience has left me afraid, I will talk with the dr. who reconmended me, maybe she can help me get through all of this. I have a lump on my thumb, which he drained, and injected my wrist, the procedure was awful he got one of those blue towels put it on his lap and went stright into the knuckle bone to drain fluid, well i was sitting on the chair. Oh my first of all it is a tender spot I know that, But the pain left me in awww.
My 14 yr old daughter broke her fibula running cross country and also damaged ligaments. She had double surgery and a plate put in! Dr Lewis' explained the surgery process to both her and I so that she fully understood what was going on. His office staff is great. Xrays on premises made the whole thing go smoothly, too.
28 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. David A Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPIH Health, 12462 Putnam St Ste 203, Whittier, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Lewis in this video.
Dr. David A Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.