Dr. David A Lewis Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. David A Lewis?

Incompetent

During the pre-operative office visits, Dr. Lewis seemed very confident in handling my shoulder stabilization surgery. Unfortunately it wasn't until after the surgery that I realized that I was terribly wrong. First,he ordered an MRI without contrast which read normal without any defects. I now know that orthopedic best practices is to always take an MRI with contrast in order to view damage or tears of the labrum, which can't be seen otherwise. So on the day of surgery he wasn't fully prepared for what he'd find. Second, on the day of the arthroscopic surgery he accidentally dropped the scapel making a 1 1/4" incision that should have been less than 1/4". Third, he discovered a torn labrum that he wasn't fully prepared to address. Fourth, when drilling into the bone, the drill slipped and he scived the cartlidge, subjecting me to live with osteoarthritis. I was a 40 year old athletic female and was devastated by his remarks. Fifth, in the post-op visit he had a cold bedside manner when delivering the unfortunate events that transpired during surgery, causing me to slip into depression. To his benefit, he was honest about the mistakes he made and gave me the orthroscopic pictures taken during surgery. 7 years later, I dislocated the same shoulder again!

Dolores

First time being there, My first impression was not good Dr. was quite, also he told me stright out I need surgery and that the bone spur would grow and he was 100% right it has been over 2 months and I suffer the pain because of the fear and the pain that I went through in his office. I sat out in front of bright for 25 minutes just crying.... my experience has left me afraid, I will talk with the dr. who reconmended me, maybe she can help me get through all of this. I have a lump on my thumb, which he drained, and injected my wrist, the procedure was awful he got one of those blue towels put it on his lap and went stright into the knuckle bone to drain fluid, well i was sitting on the chair. Oh my first of all it is a tender spot I know that, But the pain left me in awww.

My 14 yr old daughter broke her fibula running cross country and also damaged ligaments. She had double surgery and a plate put in! Dr Lewis' explained the surgery process to both her and I so that she fully understood what was going on. His office staff is great. Xrays on premises made the whole thing go smoothly, too.

Surgery Competed

Excellent work and minimal pain followed my recent knee surgery. Diagnosis was quick, decisive, and accurate. Dr. Lewis proved himself highly capable and effective.

Dr. David A Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.